W.A.I.T. is a 3-hour interactive workshop where I’ll teach you surprisingly simple principles, new listening habits and valuable language that will become automatic to you. As you learn to use words and phrases for maximum effectiveness, you’ll enjoy the benefits of greater understanding, agreement and improved communication each and every day.
The typical conversation is fairly limiting and useless.
“it’s not working for me” – “sort of” – “I think so” – “it’s impossible” – “it’s always that way” –
“it’s to much” – “work it out” – “I need it soon” – “I’ll know it when I see it”
It’s human nature to use phrases or words that generalize what we’re thinking and we don’t normally communicate entirely in logic and fact either. You’ll learn new listening skills and how to manage any conversation by spotting:
• Generalizations and assumptions that leave you guessing
• Veiled words and phrases that have no utility
• Distortions, opinions or missing information causing confusion or misunderstandings
What you’ll learn from taking my W.A.I.T. workshop.
• How a conversation works and why it so often doesn’t
• Skills to properly listen
• How to spot and convert veiled language into useful words and phrases
• What to do when encountering resistance
It’s about preventing, not repairing.
You’ll be more productive and make the best use of your valuable time. W.A.I.T. will help you:
• Organize and keep track of shared information
• Clarify expectations
• Foster mutual understanding and agreement
• Develop measurable criteria
• Uncover real purpose and true needs
• Be on the mark with your work
What to expect.
The format is skill-based and includes interactive role-play with immediate evaluation.
Wayne has given me new insight into how conversation really works. Even better, he offers tools and strategies to bring clarity to any conversation in real-time. This has been invaluable to my role—and making for more efficient meetings and more successful outcomes.
Wayne Kosaka incorporated elements of Active Listening including skills acquired across many years of high-stakes, workplace, and private mediation in his course. There is no charge for travel to onsite locations within the Bay area. Please contact Wayne for further information as needed.